The Meir Amit
Intelligence and Terrorism
|Highlights of the week
- “New Zionist plotline against Iran”: Iranian reactions to terrorist attacks on Israeli missions
- Reformist opposition leaders have now been under arrest for one year; sporadic confrontations between opposition supporters and security forces
- 30 million Iranians without e-mail: authorities block access to leading websites
- Despite government efforts, dollar’s exchange rate goes up again; prices of food and housing continue to increase
- Pictures of the week: procession marking 33rd anniversary of Islamic revolution in Tehran
“New Zionist plotline against Iran”: Iranian reactions
to terrorist attacks on Israeli missions
This week Iranian officials emphatically denied Israel’s claims that Iran was involved in the two terrorist attacks on Israeli missions in India and Georgia, and accused Israel of masterminding the terrorist attacks to incite world public opinion against Iran.
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast categorically denied any Iranian responsibility in connection with the attacks, saying that they were planned by the Zionists to cause damage to Iran and compromise its relations with India and Georgia.
Javad Jahangirzadeh, a member of the Majles Foreign Policy and National Security Committee, said that the bomb attacks at the two Israeli missions reflect the world’s revulsion towards the Zionists, and were carried out either by Israel itself or by a group that despises Israel. Addressing PM Netanyahu’s claims about Iranian involvement in the terrorist attacks, the Majles member said that Israel is concerned about Iran and is trying to influence the future nuclear talks between Iran and the West. He added that the Zionists, having failed in their attempts to incite the world against Iran, are willing to spill their own blood to redirect the hatred the world has for Israel at Iran.
Avaz Heydar-pour, also a member of the Majles Foreign Policy and National Security Committee, defined the Israeli PM’s claims about Iran being involved in the attacks as drivel designed to lay the groundwork for more terrorist attacks by Israel or a military attack on Iran.
Posted in Iran, Middle East, Military, Politics, Reports, Security
- Tagged Egypt, Georgia, India, Iran, Iranian Revolution, Islamic Consultative Assembly (Iran), Israel, Zionist
Image via Wikipedia
Ahmadinejad: “God willing, the world will witness the inauguration of great achievements in the nuclear sphere in a few days”
- Nuclear power: great nuclear achievements to be revealed in a few days – Ahmadinejad spoke at length about Iran’s achievements during the revolutionary years and said, “You have witnessed, and the whole world has witnessed, that the domineering powers put enormous pressure [on Iran] to prevent the Iranian nation from becoming nuclear. Today, we can witness that the Iranian nation has become a nuclear power and is answering most of its needs on its own… all the needs of the Iranian people will be provided for by Iranian scientists in the near future and, God willing, the world will witness the inauguration of great achievements in the nuclear sphere in a few days.”
- Presents optimistic statistics for Iranian economy – Over the past two years, more than USD 15 billion have been saved in gasoline consumption alone, and the money has been given to the people. Two or three years ago, and until last year, we imported petrol. Today, I am proud to announce that we are among the main exporters of petrol and gasoline in the world. A miracle has happened in non-oil exports, which are the indicator of economic activities, we have also succeeded in controlling imports, and the Iranian stock market is the most efficient market in the world, showing our economic revival.
- Meddling of arrogant countries will not lead nations to freedom – The regional (Arab) governments should be aware that enemy (Western countries) is seeking to save the Zionist regime and are therefore seeking to sow discord among governments, nations and followers of various religions. These governments, standing today alongside America and some European countries to save the Zionist regime and suppressing the resistance of freedom seeking people, should know that their turn will come tomorrow. When there is a line of resistance (against US and Israel) the US pays attention to them, but if the line of resistance is broken, they will be thrown away. They are not true friends. They will sacrifice you. Return to the Prophet Mohammed’s pure religion… first and foremost we should believe in God. Afterwards, we must stand firm against the domination of the US and the West in the region, the aggressive and artificial Zionist regime and the occupation of Palestine. All of our problems stem from US domination and the existence of the Zionist regime. All dictatorships in the region and the world are supported by the US and the Zionist regime. Continue reading
Posted in Iran, Islam, Middle East, Military, Nuclear, Politics, Reports, Security
- Tagged Hamas, Iran, Ismail Haniyeh, Israel, Palestine, United States, Zionist, Zionist entity